Convenience Trumps Cost for Biz Travelers

The economy may be struggling and businesses are looking at savings to be had in corporate travel, but comfort is still cousin to convenience, even at a few dollars more, according to an Orbitz for Business survey. A strong majority are willing to pay for upgraded benefits like refundable air fares, seating priority and other perks. Sixty-five percent said the added services and benefits are worth the premium because they improve travel flexibility. Forty-percent of business travelers said their company would cover the cost of a seat upgrade, if it was $50 or under at the time of check-in. For whatever the reason, 58 percent said they would rather not sit next to the boss on a flight. However, the other 42 percent said they would be anxious to claim a seat next to the boss. (;)

TravelAce Bailey